CANCELLED for 2020 due to Covid
We are very sad to say that we are unable to run holiday club this year. We cannot, with good conscience, say that we can provide a Covid secure environment for our staff and kids. We normally provide a wide range of activities that require shared equipment and close interaction - this is what makes it so enjoyable but also so challenging to ensure Covid security. Unlike schools, we cannot create ‘Bubbles’ as many kids only come for one or two days in a week. Many parents are still unwilling to send their children back to schools or holiday clubs, or will not need to if they are working from home or are facing financial concerns. We predict that we would have low numbers that would make it financially unviable for us to run and not as much fun for the kids.
If you are looking for something to do with your family then we have begun running kayak hire trips on the river again. To book these then go to the kayak hire page to find the payment portal link and information.
What it’s all about?
Our Kids Holiday Club has been running for years and is loved by kids and parents. Attracting comments from parents like “I love your holiday Club, my child comes home full of stories, eats all their dinner and then falls asleep!” It’s like sending your child to an Activity Centre for a week but a lot cheaper. Drop off and pick up around work times.
- A packed lunch and snacks is included in the price.
- It’s completely outdoors, regardless of the weather.
- They can come for a day, a week, multiple weeks or parts of different weeks.
- Smaller, friendlier club – limit of 30 kids per week, with a ratio of at least 1 group leader per 10.
- A programme of activities that are a mixture of teambuilding, nature handicrafts, outdoor sports, bushcraft, forest school, nature games, canoe trips.
- The Club’s activities, timetable, staffing and supervision are especially designed to promote sociability, confidence and manage their energy levels and welfare.
- Drop off: 8:30-9am. Activities start at 9am
- Pick up: 4:30 - 5pm. Activities finish at 4:30pm
- Late pick up is available up to 6pm for a charge of £10/day
- This webpage is a short summary, for a lot more information be sure to download our Parent Information booklet.
Who is it for?
- Children that are sociable, like to run around in woods and don’t mind getting wet, muddy or falling down.
- Boys and girls – some weeks there are more girls than boys, sometimes it’s the other way around. We work hard to make it inclusive and encouraging for both.
- Year 3-8 for Summer Weeks (just finished those year groups and not about to go into them)
- Year 4-8 for Easter and Whit week (May/June). Currently in those year groups.
Outline of week
This is an outline of the week’s activities, but this timetable can change - so no guarantee. Please download and check the Parent information Booklet for better information.
Monday: Icebreakers, Model raft race, archery, kayak games, pond dipping, bike games.
Tuesday: Teamwork challenges, bike ride, canoeing games, climbing games.
Wednesday: Woodland games (camouflage, capture the flag), Canoe & kayak journey to Northenden.
Thursday: Bushcraft: Shelter building, fire lighting, cordage.
Friday: River canoe expedition, circus skills, handicrafts.
“I love your holiday Club, my child comes home full of stories of new friends and great activities. They eat all their dinner and then fall asleep!”
“My daughters attended a few days of the summer camp last year and had an amazing time! They really enjoyed all the activities, especially the kayaking. The staff are very experienced and are really good with all the kids. My daughters will definitely be back this half-term and also in the summer. Highly recommended for a fun and exciting alternative to the usual summers camps!!!” Trip advisor
“This is the only holiday club my boys will go to, they hated all the ones with too many kids going crazy in a big hall all day, they just felt lost or bored”
“Ben did this last week! Every night he came home saying it was the best week ever! The best holiday club ever xx”
Gallery of other years
We upload photos each evening onto Facebook so you can see what your kids are raving about.
£30/day/child (no discounts for siblings or multiple weeks)
This includes lunch and snacks
No Childcare vouchers
How to book & pay
Before booking you must download and read our Parent Information Booklet.
This will give you all the information you need to make an informed decision before consenting to send your child to our club. In the booklet you will also find information about what to wear and bring, and where to drop off and pick up. If after reading the booklet you still have unanswered questions, email or ring Kevin.
Please note that on some days we have a different pick up destination, so before booking please check the activities and pick up for that day.
Click on the BOOKING link below and this will take you to a separate online booking site. This will ask you to fill in forms and pay online.
Each child must be booked and payed for seperately.
Week 1 Monday 6th to Thursday 9th April 2020
Week 2 Tuesday 14th to Friday 17th April 2020